Insitu Test was founded to transform geotechnics, earthworks and pavement construction in Australia, New Zealand and the Pacific region. We are doing this through insitu testing methods and soil stabilisation.
Our purpose is: Enabling people in civil construction to push forward with confidence.
We help you get clear insight on what’s going on below the surface so you can make better informed timely decisions using our “best of breed” insitu testing methods for geotechnics, earthworks and pavements.
We deliver long lasting sustainable soil stabilisation solutions for soil improvement.
For our co-workers and those we support in our community, we foster an environment aimed at making the impossible possible.
Our core values are:
- Service – being super responsive and flexible
- Collaboration – excellent at facilitating connections within our extensive network
- Knowledge – being knowledgeable and sharing our knowledge generously
We thrive on adding value to our clients, whether it be bringing them new business, connecting them with expertise they need or just keeping them up to date with what is happening elsewhere in their own organisation or within their industry.
Insitu Test has excellent relationships in the civil construction industry, particularly in Australia and New Zealand. Join our online community on LinkedIn and become involved in relevant geotechnical, construction, pavement, asphalt and concrete discussion groups.
Insitu Test are an aspiring B Corp, a new kind of business that balances purpose and profit, leading the way in using business as a force for good. B Corporations, or B Corps, make decisions that make a positive impact across their co-workers, clients, suppliers, community, and the environment.
Better insitu geotechnical, construction and pavement testing outcomes compared to traditional methods:
- Faster – reduced time to test and get results (results are typically available real time so decisions can be made straight away
- More representative – focused on measuring the fundamental design parameters in the field (comparing like with like)
- Accurate and repeatable
- Non destructive – overcoming damage and rectification costs and subsequent issues (think key hole surgery vs open heart surgery)
- Without errors
- Equipment is instrumented – data is automatically and accurately recorded
- Results are machine produced – overcoming manual data recording, transposition or calculation errors and fictitious results
- GPS located and time stamped – know where and when every test is done
- Visually presented results (e.g. graphical)
- Improved safety
- Cost effective – efficient operation, typically one person
Our insitu testing methods are good in challenging conditions:
- Remote locations
- Soft, marshy or over-water ground conditions
- Hazardous locations (e.g. Contaminated sites)
- Confined spaces
Field testing applications include soil & site investigation, compaction control, bearing capacity, geotechnical drilling, asphalt pavement investigation, concrete pavement investigation and condition assessments for rail ballast & formations and bridge decks & structures.
Insitu Test works closely with our parters to service our clients effectively. Our role is to:
- Educate the Asia Pacific market and our clients about the products we are a distribution partner for
- Product sales
- Provide ‘in service’ technical support, back-up and customer service to our clients
- Train our clients on the products they have bought or rented / hired from us
- Carry out or manage product repairs
- Provide spare parts
- Manage calibrations
- Liaise with the product manufacturers
We also have a limited range of equipment available for rental or hire.
The product manufacturers we are partnered with include:
The team at Insitu Test have been supplying and supporting the civil construction industry since 2005. The company is based on the Sunshine Coast in Queensland, Australia.